Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Oscar Countdown

The Oscars air this Sunday, and I am looking forward to watching the show.


I still have three movies to watch before then, one of which (I'm Not There) I know I will not be able to see, as it has not yet been released on video. I did rent In the Valley of Elah today, and will watch it tonight or tomorrow night. I also need to see The Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford. Every time I go to the Blockbuster, all the copies have been rented. I have a plan though - I will go tomorrow when they first open and make them look through the drop box to see if any came in overnight.


I have seen Gone Baby Gone. It was is directed by Ben Affleck. It is about the search for a kidnapped little girl whose mother is basically a crack ho. Amy Ryan plays the mother and does a mighty fine job in her role. The movie also stars Casey Affleck, Michelle Monaghan, Morgan Freeman, Ed Harris and Amy Madigan. It was good. I liked it.


Another movie I've watched recently is The Jane Austen Book Club. It is a chick flick, but it is a good movie. Five women and one man find their way to each other and form a group to discuss Austen’s books. There are some really good actresses in this film – Kathy Baker, Amy Brenneman, Maria Belo, Emily Blunt, Maggie Grace and Lynn Redgrave. Cute, cute movie…


I will leave you with some recently completed FOs.


First, a baby gift - Daydream from Rowan Babies using Sirdar DK...Other than that, I followed the pattern and made the 12 month size.















Finally, here's another picture of the mitts that I made out of Jojoland's Melody yarn in a blue, gray and subtle brown colorway.



Party on, Internets!

Merry Karma out.

1 comment:

  1. I like the mitts, and that baby sweater is just perfect! After I read your post, I went to Netflix and lined up all the Oscar nominees to watch.

    ReplyDelete