Friday, May 14, 2010

Knitting in February and March...

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know it is May already.

I bought the yarn, Goshen, from Webs at their Sock Summit booth.  I started it in October, and that deadline knitting kept jumping the line.  I think I made the sleeves too big, but with the construction of the project - It is knitted sideways from one front to the other - there is no way I am going to reknit the thing.  I wore it on Mother's Day and it was fine.


















I needed a little something to wear to STARS games that would keep me warm and show my team spirit.  I made this little sweater - adapting Stefanie Japel's Textured Tunic with Side Buttons.  I used Lion Brand Cotton Ease and did some colored striping on the sleeves.  I did not do the side button thing.

















Amy made this color and I thought it would be perfect for another sweater to wear to STARS games.  It's made from her Tosh DK.  The pattern is Smock Top by Audrey Knight.  I cannot wait to wear it.  Since the STARS didn't make the playoffs, it will have to wait until the fall.
















Remember these mitts I designed last summer?  I made a pair for a friend, but didn't get a picture. 

























I did use this yarn though; so, use your imaginations.


















I belong to a Yahoo knitting group (imagine that) and we read a series of knitting mysteries by Maggie Sefton.  There is always a pattern included in each book.  This little top is Tropical Shell in 4 stitches per inch from the second book.  I used Lion Brand Cotton Ease.  Can y'all tell I am trying to use up some stash?

















I made another model of my Stella Cowl, this time out of Madelinetosh Eyre.

















Finally, I continue to work on a long-term project using this yarn.  It's coming right along, I am happy to report.


















MK out.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome and prolific knitting, MK! I love that smock top sweater! Where are you in the Maggie Sefton series? I'm on the last book! Will have to wait until June for the next one. I've decided I don't like to read them until they come out in paperback. Those hardbacks are too heavy to hold up in bed. :-) You need to put a "Follow" gadget on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesomeness...beautiful fos! love them all...and a bet you were a pretty picture on mother's day...the sweater looks so nice on you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl you been busy!!! Everything is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mother's day sweater! What pattern is it? I am in awe of your FOs. Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody...

    The pattern is the Trumpet Flower Cardigan.

    http://www.yarn.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/categoryID/8EBFD071-40FB-4E69-9103-84E10D4045A5/productID/3DE2E094-6A40-4851-968D-5AA7DCC8A7DC/

    ReplyDelete