Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Never Let It Be Said...

...that I am a knitting expert - or any kind of expert, for that matter.

I was on a long car ride recently, knitting merrily along on my Febuary 2013 socks...When my brain engaged and I realized that I was knitting toe-up socks.  That implies that on the foot part, the sole is knitted plain and the pattern is knitted on the instep. 

Guess what?



Yep, I was knitting the pattern all the way around, as if I would be doing if I were going to knit cuff-down socks.

I was just about to start crying at the thought of ripping back all that work, when I realized that I didn't have to.  Luckily, this all took place in about 1 times 10 to the negative 14 seconds, or else, I would have done an even dumber thing and actually ripped back.

So, I just started dropping one column of stitches at a time like this:



Then, I took the crochet hook and chained up to the needle like this:



It took a while to do half of one sock, especially because I would sometimes skip a bar accidentally and not realize it until I had gotten all the way to the top:



Finally done!



MK out.

3 comments:

  1. That is a pretty smart cookie if you ask me. I would have frogged it all the way out. I don't think I would have been that inventive. Congrats. Sure hope you make it HOME soon.

    ReplyDelete