Wednesday, March 4, 2015

WIP Wednesday - 3/4/2015

Hello Poppets!  I have finished a couple of things in the recent past, but today, I want to show you what is currently OTN...

First, even though the January/February 2015 socks are done, they need a little help:


Knitting in the round results in a spiral that is usually not apparent. Some patterns (as the one I used to make these socks) encourage the spiraling to show up more.  I am not a proponent of blocking socks - I figure they straighten up and mind well while wearing them; so, why bother? However, this pair of socks needs to be whipped into shape in the worst way.

They have had a nice bath...


...and are now being coaxed into behaving.


I already have the March 2015 socks started:


I am using Madelinetosh Tosh Sock in Seaglass to match my sweater in the same color. Can I tell you how much I love this color? It makes me so happy, especially on dreary days that we've been having lately. 

I've also started my second assignment for Loopy Academy:


I've done one half of the the top part of the left slipper. I have three more tops and two soles to go. Then I will assemble each slipper before I felt them.  

So, that's what's on my needles.  What's on yours?

MK out.




No comments:

Post a Comment